Laughing Dog Arts

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thanks Ces!!


I am honored to receive this Deborah award from Ces at http://cesandherdishes.blogspot.com/.  Ces is the one who created this award so I feel doubly honored to have her bestow it upon me even though we have only just met in this blogging community.   She writes of this award: "I have more trees to plant but rest assured those who have virtual trees and acorns planted and distributed in their honor have one common virtue, they are loyal friends regardless of race, creed, political affiliations and geography. Here, I honor womanhood and friendship and there is nothing more wondrous a blessing for anyone than for a friend who came and never left your side. You have enriched my life in such a short period of time. You inspire me and encourage me."  Thank you Ces!  I hope I can help inspire and encourage you and be your friend, as you do/are to me.  Hello Ces!

I received this award once before from Anne at http://elmilagrostudio.blogspot.com/   She has obviously already received this award before but I am going to award it to her yet again because she has been such a good support to me through the years.  Anne, you don't need to post about this on your blog, just accept it in the manner it is meant, as a thank you for your continued friendship, which means a great deal to me.

Another friend of mine who totally deserves this award is my best friend April.  She doesn't have a blog but I'm going to award it to her anyway because she has been a steadfast true friend for many years and I want to honor her with this.  April, thanks for always being there for me and always being supportive and for making me laugh!  She is such a good sport as this photo demonstrates.  She once confessed to our creativity group that she hates sock monkeys so now, of course, she gets sock monkeys, sock monkey greeting cards, sock monkey fabric, sock monkey this, sock monkey that.  She accepts these joke gifts with a smile and a thank you.  I hope she will accept this award with the same grace.

There are many more people I could give this to but I believe I shall award it to just one more.  I would like to send it to Audrey at http://magicmiraclesjoy.blogspot.com/.  We have gotten to know each other a bit through our blogs, she was my very first follower.  Thanks Audrey (can I call you aud baud?) We are becoming friends and are inspiring each other to exercise more.  I know she is a very busy gal, so Audrey, you don't need to post on your blog about this but please accept the award in the spirit of friendship and encouragement. 

I read that the name Ces and her Dishes came about because Ces was a fan of Fiesta Ware dishes.  I know the other gals in our creativity group are also fans of Fiesta.  I hope you all find some wonderful new Fiesta ware at some unexpected place, and it is in perfect condition and way underpriced.

Be well.

18 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

OMG!!!
Thanks Jan! And I am utterly delighted that Ces bestowed it upon you, because---wel---it's Ces! :)
What a surprising two days it has been in blogland, and getting the art going again. There is light at the end of the tunnel for sure!
Big congrats to you my friend!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Jan said...

Yes, you were one of the first recipients of this award, weren't you? It's all good. Glad your muse is back, now get off the computer and back to work! Me, I'm talking to me.

April said...

Oh, Jan!!! You are so dear. Really!!! My dearest friend! Thank you for such a wonderful honor, especially since I'm not a blogger like the rest of you. I'm especially honored!!! It is EASY to be your friend because you are so loving, kind, considerate, and quick to make yourself available in all kinds of situations. I love you, my dear friend.

Jan said...

April you certainly deserve all kinds of awards and all the compliments you bestowed upon me can be said about you DOUBLE! Love you too, girlfriend!!

audrey said...

Congratulations, Jan, on receiving this award. The things I have read about you, the comments that you write, and getting to know you these past months, all lead to the fact that you are a good and loyal friend.
I think it is so sweet that you gave this award to April, your best friend, even though she doesn't have a blog. See - there you go showing your loyalty!
Now.. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sending this award over to me. It has been a crazy day and I was feeling a little out of sorts this evening and then I came to your blog and found this award and my spirits lifted immediately. Thank you, my friend. I am honored to accept it from you.
And, yes, you may call me Aud Bod!! This was one of my nicknames back in the day.
♥ audrey

Jan said...

Hi Aud Bod;-) It makes me feel good if I have helped to put a smile on your face today. I do feel that I am a very loyal friend and now you are my friend, get ready for my dog like devotion.

DVArtist said...

Congratulations Jan. I haven't known you very long, however, I do know you deserve this award.
Nicole/Beadwright

Jan said...

Thanks, Nicole.

Marlene said...

You are very deserving of this award Jan, and so are those that you bestowed it on.

yoborobo said...

Hi Jan! Congrats on the award, you deserve it. :) I am cracking up at you all giving poor April sock monkeys left and right. LOL! It reminds me of a friend in CA. She had cows all over her kitchen. I said, "Oh my gosh, Sue, you must love cows." And she said, "Not really, but people keep giving them to me." hahahaha! Ah, friends. :) Have a great week - xox Pam

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Dear Jan...we are so blessed and our blogs connect our spirits over the miles and we create a unified force to be reckoned with....JOY JOY Joy! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

What a lovely award, friends, real life and digital friends are something to be cherished.

I hope you find that special pup to take up the other end of your sofa.

lynne h said...

jan, you *deserve* this award... and if they gave an award for great comments, you'd have to get an extra one for that...

i love that one of the people you passed it on to doesn't have a blog...

xo

sjmcdowell said...

Jan,

What a wonderful way to give something back to the people we care about in this world...A few kind words or a gesture goes a long way. Sometimes we don't realize what a very big impact we can make in someone's life for instance by presenting someone with The "Acorn Award"!!

"You are loved Jan" and we appreciate your kindness's and your friendship.

Congratulations to all!!

Delight in the Day...

Susan

Jan said...

Hi Pam, yes, sometimes people have collections of things that they never thought to collect but people see you have one and everyone thinks Oh, she collects cows, or owls or monkeys or whatever. Its funny. I guess people just want to be giving.

Jan said...

Ms. Iowa, thanks for stopping in. Yes, friends are treasures and doggy friends are certainly included. I wonder what my next dog will be.

Ces Adorio said...

See you deserve this award so much. You are such a great friend to April!

Deborah said...

Awe!!! So happy to see Ces' most generous award making it's way to your blog! **blows kisses** Deb