This included bamboo leaves, hydrangea leaves and flowers, a rose flower and leaves, dill heads, Queen Anne's lace, nasturtium flowers, arborvitae branches, English ivy, canary grass, hops leaves and other bits of things. I used various papers I had on hand including water color paper, computer paper, rice paper, some old nearly translucent typing paper, and paper towels.
I sandwiched the plant matter in between folded sheets of paper. Stacked all the folded papers together, sandwiched those between two ceramic tiles. Tied the whole shebang together with wire, then put it all into a water bath to cover.
I also added a cup or so of vinegar and some rusty pieces of metal. I used my old dye pot, not something from my kitchen. I brought it to boil, then simmered it for a couple of hours on my wood stove. After cooling I began to unwrap my bundle. Oh my....
It was so much fun, and only took one day's work.