Laughing Dog Arts

Friday, December 14, 2018

Further adventures in painting

Still enjoying painting in this rather whimsical style I'm working in.  Here are some of the latest works.
Above was a painting I made for a young couple who were getting married.  Their dogs, Rory and ....I've forgotten the other dog's name, but they were both in the wedding.  

 Roscoe and Cwtch.  My buds.
 Opie.  I created Opie for my friend Patty at Listen to the Road.  He was her companion for 14 years and passed away just as I finished painting him.  So it was a timely gift to Patty and her husband. 
Ms. D.  She went to another friend.

Henri, on his way to his owner now.  I am pretty sure she doesn't read my blog so this shouldn't ruin my surprise.

Louie, above, and Rufus, below, both went to a friend for her birthday.  She loved them.  The paintings, that is.  Of course she loves her cats!


RayRay and Savie live in Texas now. 
I'm not sure which one is my favorite.  Do you have a favorite and if so, why?

Hope you all are having a safe and happy Christmas season.
Be well.
 

12 comments:

Patty said...

Well, you know which is my favorite! This whimsical style is fun
and you're so free and happy in your colors and forms! xo, Patty

Nancy said...

These are all wonderful, so it's hard to choose a favorite. The wedding dogs for the sentiment are certainly an option. But I think I like Ms D best- you captured a sweetness in her expression that makes her so very appealing and touching. Well done!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I just love these paintings. I think you have a wonderful talent for this type of painting.
xx, Carol

sonja said...

I love your gallery of the critters you have known and those that are still your in your life. those companions of fur and funny ways are so fine! Rufus is so a reminder of our Peewee aka he who must be obeyed who spent 19 years with smiling into the sunsets !
Be most well, Sonja

Janet Ghio said...

wow! wow! wow! These are just wonderful!! Hard to pick a favorite but Ray ray and Savie might just be it!

Robbie said...

Oh my gosh...you are wonderful!!! I love the whimsical design of your paintings...they are fantastic! And the recipients will love them!!!!!

emma-alittlebitofeverything said...

Loving your new style, they're so realistic but fun, too. Cwtch has fit right in there ;)

polly said...

hope you never tire of doing these animal paintings--they lift my spirits and warm my heart--no favorites, i love them all---

and Welcome Cwtch to your family!

Caroline said...

You should consider illustrating a children's book. Great art work that captures the emotion's of the animals.

April said...

Hey there, Jan! I agree with Polly ... I, too, hope you will never tire of doing these wonderful animal paintings! I don't know how you can make them so whimsical and, yet, they can look you right in the eye at the same time. I LOVE them all, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be a contest between these three kitties. I think that Ms. D wins the prize! She is most lovely!

bazaardelmundo said...

Nice lines and point of view.
I really appreciate it.
art shop san diego

sonja said...

thanks for commenting recently on Lucy, the new cat here and the pain in the butt to Ruby.
I've always wanted to call out as i return from earrand...Lucy, i'm home!!!