Laughing Dog Arts

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Meet Cwtch

While walking in my back field about a month ago I heard some meowing.  I followed the sound and soon discovered a little gray kitten hiding in the grass in the now dry creek bed.  I'd guess he was only 8 weeks old.  I had some dog kibble in my pocket and tossed him some and he dove on it and ate it right up.  Decided to take the dogs home and came back with more food and water for the little guy.  He was still there and came right out to eat some more and let me pick him up.  He wasn't feral, that's for sure!  What could I do but bring him home?  I'd said I didn't want to look for another cat after my Charlie died back in March.  But the universe sent me this one so now I have a cat again.

He was totally unafraid of the dogs, seemed very socialized and calm.  I have no idea where he came from but people often drop their unwanted pets off out here, that is all I can guess.  He has a home now!  We named him Cwtch, (rhymes with Butch) you can read about the name here if you'd like.  Here is a quick definition of this Welsh word:  ‘…Cwtch, which has long been a familiar word in the Welsh language, was given two definitions: noun (Welsh) 1. a cupboard or cubbyhole. 2. a cuddle or hug.’ 
Also means a safe place, which he certainly found here.


So of course I had to paint him.
As you can see if the video comes through, Cwtch isn't afraid of the dogs!  He loves Roscoe and is constantly pouncing on him and chasing him.  Roscoe is slightly baffled by this, he is usually the one bugging the other animals!

l
This one is my favorite:
 
The little guy is growing fast!  He already seems a teenager, complete with some bratty behavior.  But he is a joy and so much fun to watch him race around and play.  I am grateful he came into our lives.


 

9 comments:

sonja said...

i love your newest model and purr person and the love taps, perhaps, the little guy is giving Roscoe. thank you Charlie of the universe! My Ruby was certainly sent by Noodles and on the same weekend!

Robbie said...

The little one is adorable! He seems to be the 'head of the rest of the brood' now! Hope he doesn't hurt the pups with his claws! HA Love the name and the story! Who knew! How did you know about the word? Love, love the painting!!!!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Oh my. I am so happy for you and the kitty. Looks like your family has been enriched and you're all benefiting from having a new member. Happy kitty cat. xoxo Oma Linda

Janet Ghio said...

I love your little paining! and lucky kitty--glad you found each other. No video.

Patty said...

Your painting captures that scamp's personality. Roscoe looks
undecided but game. Life can be so good.

Nancy said...

Oh thank you, thank you for having a heart for animals and rescuing Cwtc! He's a handsome one. And he's not afraid to show those dogs who is boss. Our recent rescue, Iggy- a silver tuxedo cat, is just that way with our dog who he just loves, and he has some "bratty" behavior also. The videos are entertaining. And your painting is perfect.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We have only had a couple of cats. Our favorite was when Laurie was little. Kitty Cat and our dog Porky absolutely loved each other. They would play hide and seek in the bushes. Kitty Cat would never use the litter box. Porky taught him that it was better to go outside so he would sit at the door and whine when he needed to go out. your kitty is so pretty. I have always said that the Universe brings you another friend to love when the time is right.

xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. My pack would never accept a kitty, but yours seems just right for the little cuddle. xox

Tanya said...

Hi Cwtc! SOOOOO happy for you all to have a new family member!!! It is always so wonderful when an animal gets a home and loving family!!! Bless you!