Hello there! It has been months since my last blog post but I have been busy making things. Above you can see a Dooleybobber, I lose track of their numbers so I titled this one All Wired Up. Because I used a lot of wire bits on it. There is a bit of copper screening and some wire I found on the road.The Silly BooDilly. Her's are so gorgeous and she is selling a tutorial, in case you are interested.
I took part in an art challenge/trade and this is what I created for it. It is only 6"x6" not counting the rusty barb wire hanger.
It was a fun departure from my usual style.
I used a crackle medium for the initial base painting. I like the way it looks in spots.
These are all small pieces.
another dooleybobber, close up.
I created the base fabric with scrim, silk and the needle felting machine.
I'm still making bed/lap quilts too. I love this one, where I used some Laurel Burch fabrics and lots of my favorite colors.
I love the Indian maiden fabrics too. These were the last little bits of this fabric. I wish I had bought more of that years ago when I purchased it.
Sadie and Windy look all tuckered out! It is snowing like crazy outside, we have nearly a foot of snow but it is so beautiful! My birds are flocking in, I'm feeding out about twice as much bird seed as normal.
Come on over, sit yourself down take your shoes off, friend!
Hope you are all keeping safe and warm. or cool, if you are in the southern hemisphere.