Laughing Dog Arts

Saturday, June 2, 2018

A Bee Loud Glade

I placed the scroll (that I showed in my previous post) in a bee loud glade in my forest.  Not sure if this is where it will stay, but it is there for now.
That little black spot in the background is my Roscoe, who was so patiently waiting along with Gunnar while I spent about an hour planting some newly dug daffodil and blue bell bulbs all over this little sunny glade.

There are a lot of Cascara trees on my property, and the bees are indeed very loud in them right now since the Cascara is flowering.  Cascara, also known as Chittum which is a politically correct reference to the fact that the chittum bark is widely used as an herbal laxative.
I hope next spring I can share a picture of this glade full of daffodils and blue bells!
The title of this post is taken from this poem.

The Lake Isle of Innisfree

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

what a wonderful poem...thanks for sharing that! I've actually read it over a few times!!! Your property looks so inviting!!

Nancy said...

Lovely poem- I hope you have many bulbs flowering next spring!

Patty said...

The world is so alive on your property. Probably responding to
your heart which sees it, bees and all!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Earth Steward. I'd love to see your property. The poem is a fitting choice to accompany your pictures of such a peaceful place. And a place where bees are welcome!!
Have a great day.
xx, Carol