Laughing Dog Arts

Monday, June 25, 2018

Painting my Pets

I'm not actually painting my pets but am painting pictures of my pets in a whimsical style.  Having a lot of fun with it too.  I started with Roscoe.

 I worked on two at once so one could be drying while I worked on the other one.
 Then I started on Windy.

Of course I couldn't leave Gunnar out.
Loves Carrots
Then this girl slipped in.
The llamas said "Me next!"
Surprise!

Gracie  
I'm going to keep working on these paintings since I am having so much fun with them.  Using acrylic paint on recycled cereal box cardboard.  Our weather has moved into a cooler damper mode so hay harvesting is put off until the dry heat returns.  What are you doing with your summer?

9 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Oh my goodness. These are clever, cute, and all you. I can just feel the positive energy from these. Good for you dear lady. xoxo Oma Linda

sonja said...

Jan, your pets portraits are wonderfully filled with color and whimsy, two things i love to see.A gallery of characters! what kind of gesso do you use? I am also playing with colorful cloth this summer, even my hands are temporarily green from painting fabric, smooshing it up and watching it dry!!

Nancy said...

Well they are lining up at your place to sit for their portraits, clearly. These are great fun- so colorful and expressive. Well done. My summer plans include making lots of books and journals, and sewing, and painting... phew, I'm out of breath.

Robbie said...

These are wonderful! And so much fun!! Not sure which is my favorite!

Janet Ghio said...

Your paintings are just so fabulous!! Love each and every one!

Patty said...

These are great! I smile automatically...you are on a good roll here!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

These are great! I have always loved this kind of whimsical painting. I love the bold colors you used. I know you ARE having fun.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

These are great, little Roscoe looks ever so charming and the llama is regal. Keep going! xox

Tanya said...

I love your colors! I especially like the ones of Windy. What a great idea to paint your pets!