Laughing Dog Arts

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beaded Hearts

Recently I have been making these beaded hearts. I didn't blog about them because they were gifts and I wanted to wait until the people had them before I showed them to the rest of the world. I put little charms on them that correspond with something special to the person I made them for. The first one went to my friend Martha who raises lots of birds including peacocks, so I chose a peacock charm for her. I think her favorite colors are green and purple so I chose those colors for her heart.

This one I have shown before. I sent it to Anja over in Germany. The face is representative of our friendship. She does a lot of bead work herself and likes most all colors but seems to especially like dark pink and turquoise.

This last one is gifted to Anne. She is especially fond of sacred heart images so I created this one for her, with the sacred heart charm in it.
They are all the same size, about 2" x 3", and they have pin backs on them. Now I want to make one for myself.  I have a little charm that reads GIRLFRIENDS on it, but I also have a necklace that Martha sent to me that has a sort of Pit Bull dog charm on it. I might use that. It is cute.

Listening to a mix on my mp3 player, last song was from Into the Woods, I love Stephen Sondheim.  Now there is some Leonard Cohen, "there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in...."

I see I have picked up some new followers.  Welcome!  and thanks for joining me in this artful journey, I appreciate your support.  

Until next time, be well.
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

Marie S said...

OMG!! These are gorgeous girl!!
I LOVE them!!
The sacred heart is truly wonderful!!
But they are all great!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

And I can attest, they are even more beautiful in person!!! Can't wait ti wear mine---but waiting for the weather to coll so I can pin it to a denim jacket!
Many thanks Jan!!!

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Emmy said...

your hearts are very beautiful

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Such a very nice token of friendship. Your work is gorgeous.

Nancy said...

These are wonderful. So personal and unique. Lots of love and attention to detail in them.

studio pashnada said...

are you going to make more to sell? cuz I sure would like to own one like that pink one.

Janet Ghio said...

Your hearts are really beautiful!

Marlene said...

These are gorgeous Jan, I love them. Are you going to make them to sale or just give as special gifts? I would love to see some in your shop, maybe I ought to check your shop LOL they may be there (lol).

Jan said...

Thank you Janet. They are challenging to try to come up with something personal in them for each person. So little they work up fast.

Sherry, all of these are already given away. If I can get motivated enough I might think about making more to put up for sale. Thanks for your interest.

Emmy, thank you for your kind words and for stopping by.

sjmcdowell said...

Jan,

Your beaded heart pins are too precious
for words. I know these special ladies
will cherish them always as well as your friendship...as do I.

Smiles and Hearts full of Sunshine

Susan

Heloise said...

These are stunning!
Thank you for your kind comments left on my blog.

Anja said...

Dear Jan, I love your heart, every day I look on it. In my life I already got a lot of presents, but your heart is so very special to me, means a lot to me. It is also a good medicine on days one feels a little blue. The face smiles so nice in it and it remembers me that someone gave me that warm smile. Thank you again Jan, you are such a warmhearted woman. The other hearts are also very nice stiched and you gave a lot of joy with them.
Have a smile from over the ocean! Anja

Maggi said...

Gorgeous beaded hearts Jan.

Robbie said...

How lovely these hearts are!!! Very nice and your friends will love getting them!! Again, wonderful beading.

Unknown said...

These are truly beautiful! Woderful gifts!!

Elena said...

OMG these are beautiful! I had seen Anne's but now see the others....bravo to you!

Emma said...

These hearts are just wonderful.

Deena said...

Beautiful work and I am happy to see your blog again - I have been missing for 6 months! Right on!!

Martha Bright said...

I love my heart and of course the peas think it only fitting that you celebrate them! I can't wait to wear mine on a heavy sweater or wool coat--I will be the chic-est woman in town :)

sjmcdowell said...

Jan,

I thank you so much for your vote!
Means a lot coming from you!!!


Warm Smiles,
Susan

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Jan!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

And your artful journey is a very beautiful one!

Linda Vincent said...

These are so incredibly neat.....fabulous work Jan.

beadbabe49 said...

Love them!

Bunny said...

Oh my I love those hearts they are fantastic. Hmmmmmm I did not get on the list of receivers ;( LOL. Hugs have a great day