Laughing Dog Arts

Monday, March 19, 2018

Latest quilt

Finished another quilt last week.  This one is from the Stack the Deck book and is titled Razzle Dazzle.  It measures about 58"X70". 


I've started cutting another one out but today the sun showed its face so have been outside doing things.  I'll get back to work on it once the rain returns.
Gifted the Laurel Burch crazy quilt to Gwen.


Gifted the Asian style quilt to Tess.


Hung the red and blue batik quilt on my wall, I might keep this one, I love it.  See the little knot bag I made just below it?


Here is a close up.




I had to make it because I enjoyed doing the kantha stitching on this scarf so much:



and now I have begun a lap quilt in kantha stitch.  That will take me awhile to finish. 

On a sad note, my kitty Charlie was struck down by a paralysis and had to be put down.  He is badly missed.  He was my last cat and I loved him a lot.  Bye Charlie Bone♥ 


Sun is still shining, I better get out for a walk with the dogs.  Hope you all get some sun too!
Be well.

5 comments:

sonja said...

So sorry to hear about your Charlie. What a beautiful Tux was he.
Your quilts are so very colorful and jazzy,
i must go back a view them again.
you are so generous gifting them to folks you hold dear.
be well, Sonja

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's always sad to read that a friend has lost a fur friend. I used to look for new embroidery projects to keep my hands busy. Slow stitching on patches has become my addiction! Paint the walls or lap stitch? Stitching always wins, lol.
xx, Carol

Tanya said...

So sad to hear about your kitty. Was he very old? I'm sure you were a wonderful cat parent to Him and that he had a good life with you. I hope your dogs keep you busy and happy...

Anonymous said...

Sorry about kitty. Sad no matter what the reason. He was adorable. Wonderful works. Adore the bag, LOVE the scarf, quilts, well all fantastic. YOu are one talented lady. xox

Robin said...

I didn't realize you'd been blogging recently! I love looking at it. One of the prettiest ones i know of!