Laughing Dog Arts

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Green Man

While wandering around in my woods I discovered this guy:
(after posting this yesterday I found some people couldn't see the face in the picture above until I pointed it out.  I see a face in profile, with a pointy nose pointing left, and a clenched mouth, scruffy beard, squinty eyes, hiding in this maple tree bark)
Then there was this creature:
And this cool piece of wood:
With this burl like thing sticking out:

Ferns are very prolific around here

here is a little waterfall, comes out of this culvert

I really love this piece of wood the cows have buffed to jewelry 

and this cherry bark also buffed to a shine


 Visitors often remark on the old man's beard lichen
 And some people even wear it!
 That is neighbor Gwen, and below is the pavilion on her property.  Pavilion might be a more impressive name than it deserves, but I find a lot of beauty in it.
 More ferns growing down from the ceiling/roof.
 And this lovely lime green growth
The amazing fern roof garden!
Thanks for coming along on a walk with me!  Now it's back to working on my newest quilt.  Here is a sneak peek:
Be well.

9 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You have many lovely treasure provided by Mother Nature. So beautiful. I most especially like the bovine artwork. Lucky nature walker. xoxo Oma Linda

Robbie said...

So sad we don't take the time to see the beauty around us!!! Thanks for sharing some of it with us today! Glad you are back blogging too! Look forward to your next project! Looks good so far!!

April said...

Don't you just love to 'see what you can see?' GOD's gift of nature is full of beauty! Thank you so much for taking us along on your walk. I really enjoyed myself, and didn't even get my feet wet! The way it's snowing now, you won't see much tomorrow but white! Glad you got a chance to be out in it today! Thanks, Jan!

Uta said...

What an enjoyable post. Lovely to read you again.

Nancy said...

Inspiring reminder to take a closer look. All those beautiful forms, shapes and colors. Very peceful.

Tanya said...

Thanks for the walk. Yep, you have great eyes for spying beauty!

Patty said...

Lots of magic happening in your woods thru winter's sleep!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Don't you think looking at Nature's wonders is like looking at clouds. I saw that face right off, but I also saw a fang and a hoof. I'm sure it was a creature that has been hiding from humans for many years, occasionally leaving a hoof print to spike their fears and curiosity.

I absolutely love this post.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

All that moisture makes for some swell ferns. We have some great mosses around here on our walk and lots of lichen. One of my faves is the shagbark hickory and there is a wonderful stand of it on our morning stroll. Have fun with your new project. xox