Laughing Dog Arts

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Better

I like this quilt much better now that I have added these changes.
 I purchased a Laurel Burch Embracing Horses panel from ebay.  They are out of print but still plenty for sale in various color ways.  I'm glad I chose this one, I think it is perfect.
This is what it used to look like before I added the panel right over the top.
 I did a little stitching over the horses to the background panel.  This shows the reverse side.
 Then I fussy cut some swirly shapes from another fabric and used misty fuse to attach them before free motion stitching them down.  Finally I stitched it all down carefully over the already finished quilt.
I had pieced together some soft rayon fabric for the back of the quilt.  I think it will make a nice gift, now.  I appreciate all the advice my good blog readers gave me, advice that I used to good effect.  What do you think?  Better??

Now I need to get back to the batik quilt, it is patiently waiting to be quilted. I will leave you with a picture of my cat Charlie, sitting on my painting table.

7 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I haven't visited your blog in quite a while-it hasn't been coming across my feed-anyway I love your quilt with the horses-I really like it and the header you have on your blog is to die for!

Nancy said...

Yay! I really like this better. And the swirl addition is brilliant. Nicely done.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

yes!! this is a perfect fix. The more simple colors in the focal don't compete with the crazy patches surrounding it.
xx, Carol

Patty said...

The energy/movement now adds so much to the panel. Horse movement.
Love the new look.

Robbie said...

Turned out really nice! Good addition and clever addition to adding the panel! Who knew!

Britt In Real Life said...

I love it Jan!! I can see how this one could get a little crazy, but the finished product looks amazing!!! Thank you for sharing!

Tanya said...

Hi Charlie! You are a handsome fellow!