Solar FlareContinuing with my winter projects. This hot pink/orange one is actually an older piece that I finally got around to finishing, putting the backing on it. I have been using heavy copper wire as hangers for these dooleybobbers.
I just love these colors.
I had one block left over from the horse quilt I made, so used it to make a pillow cover.
This is another pillow cover I made from instructions I downloaded from Jane LaFazio.
Close up. Not exactly a cozy pillow to rest ones head upon, but it looks good!One final pillow made from bits and bobs I had around. When I dye fabric I usually put spare strips of batting into the dye bath. That is what I used on the above pillow where the buttons are.
Sending Out the LoveHere is my latest Dooleybobber.
Some people have asked me what a dooleybobber is. That is the name I came up with to call this series I continue to work on. A sort of generic term for a nameless thingamajig. I believe it is unique to me because when I Google Dooleybobber, my work is the only thing that comes up. Google tries to tell me I want Doodlebobbers but no, if you make it find Dooleybobbers, that is all mine!!! Maybe I should patent it.
I've also made a couple of little books where I cut and fold a single piece of paper to create the pages. They are fun.
Our snow is totally melted. I heard we have had over 7 inches of rain in the past 5 days but luckily the river hasn't flooded so far. Good thing the snow had mostly melted before this rain storm arrived.I will leave you with this snow man skeleton. I can see his ribs!!