Laughing Dog Arts

Friday, January 22, 2010

Red River progress

It doesn't look all that different but I thought I'd post the progress on The Red River. I have stitched on lots of sequins and beads and tiny rhinestones, plenty of fibers couched on. I have just applied some glue and will iron on some metallic foil after it dries. I'm thinking of trying some little pearls on it too, on the light side. We'll see. Hopefully you can see the sequins brightness by clicking on the photo to enlarge it.

Listening to Pandora radio today, my station I named Dave Matthews Band, it's now playing some Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Be well.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Martha Bright said...

This is cool! Beautiful. And I can see that it is SO much work! ha ha...

audrey said...

Wow! Jan, it is so, so pretty. I can't believe how much work is going into this.....all those little beads and rhinestones one by one. You are a patient artist!! It is going to be gorgeous.
♥ audrey

April said...

Jan, can't wait to see it up close and personal. You are such an inspiration, girl! I'm having trouble envisioning how you incorporated the chenille part, so eager to see it for myself. Can't wait!